The Storm is Fast Approaching
Use These Quick, Easy Tips to Prepare Your Family
MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tropical Storm Fay is moving past the Caribbean toward the north and is projected to cross the coast of Southwest Florida and into Central Florida on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maximum sustained winds are currently near 60 MPH but could reach hurricane strength prior to making landfall in the US. In advance of the storm, the disaster restoration experts at ServiceMaster Clean share the following tips for storm preparation:
Hurricane/Tropical Storm Preparation Tips:
Water damage restoration is an emergency business. That's why ServiceMaster Clean® is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Water damage claims increase substantially if prompt action is not taken to contain the damage. Call ServiceMaster Clean at 1-800-RESPOND (737-7663). In the meantime, here are some ways to mitigate the flood damage until a disaster professional arrives:
What to do if your home or business suffers water damage:
Important warnings on water damage:
1. Do not use an ordinary household vacuum to remove water.
2. Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or wet floors.
3. Do not go into rooms with standing water if the electricity is still on.
4. Do not lift tacked down carpet without professional help. Lifting the carpet incorrectly could promote shrinkage.
5. Do not wait to call for professional help. Damage from the water and bacteria growth can begin within hours.
MEDIA RESOURCES AVAILABLE:
1. Please contact us at (901) 597-1380 if you would like to use b-roll footage of ServiceMaster damage restoration specialists working to remove water from flooded homes.
2. Interview opportunities with a Flood Research and Cleaning Expert. Please contact us if you would like to schedule an interview with Peter Duncanson, Director of Training and Technical Support for ServiceMaster Clean. The cleaning professionals at ServiceMaster Clean® use advanced products, procedures, and equipment to assure the highest level of cleaning performance and protection for property and furnishings.
3. Ready-to-use subject matter expert quotation for newspaper or broadcast publication: “When disaster strikes your home or business, all you want to do is get your life back to normal…fast,” says Pete Duncanson, Director of Training and Technical Support for ServiceMaster Clean. “Our local service technicians are trained to respond immediately, because damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call 1-800-RESPOND (737-7663) to reach a disaster restoration specialist in your area.”